1MD Complete Probiotics™ An In-Depth, Honest Review Of 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum
1MD Complete probiotic with prebiotic supplement Platinum is a high end digestive probiotic created by Dr. David Kahana, a Gastroenterologist focused on gut health. Dr. Kahana partnered with 1MD to create the perfect gut health probiotic + prebiotic.
The stand out feature of 1MD’s probiotic is that it using a blend of 11 clinically tested strains. By using the exact genetic matches of those proven strains, the proven digestive benefits from research studies are more likely to show up in your digestion if you take 1MD Complete probiotic with prebiotic supplement Platinum
What is 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum?
First off, 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum is a probiotic supplement offering benefits like healthier digestion, higher energy levels, improved regularity, and more good bacteria in the gut.
The delayed-release, vegetarian capsules are designed to resist stomach acid and decrease bloating and gas. The makers also guarantee 51 billion CFUs (live cultures) in every serving, and a medical doctor endorses it – so we have high hopes!
The ingredients include:
- Bifidobacterium lactis
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Lactobacillus casei
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus gasseri
Other ingredients include Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, lactospore, and NutraFlora prebiotic fiber.
These probiotics work on energy levels, digestion, bowel movement, nutrient absorption, and preventing digestive distress, i.e., gas, bloating, diarrhea, etc. Interestingly, these capsules are resistant to the natural stomach acid inside the human stomach. It means their contents are not degraded with this acid.
There are nearly 51 billion CFUs of probiotics (live cultures) per serving of 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum. It is sufficient to meet the dietary demands of every adult user.
The probiotic with prebiotic supplement are non-dairy, gluten-free, and soy-free, along with the list of benefits. They also contain no synthetic fillers.
So, what are these ingredients all about? Put plainly; these are 11 “robust and potent strains” of good bacteria. This “good bacteria” is necessary for healthy digestion and bowel movements, and this is what the research has to say about them:
- Tropical Life and Sciences Research: Lactobacillus acidophilus may be able to improve gastrointestinal health.
- Nutrients: Research into Bifidobacterium lactis has shown it can beneficial to gut microbia and and metabolic health.
- Frontiers in Microbiology: Lactobacillus casei has been shown to benefit gut microbia when experiencing increased stress.
Why did Dr. David Kahana create Probiotic Complete Platinum?
Dr. Kahana was unsatisfied with inferior commercial probiotics
But when Dr. Kahana looked at the commercially available probiotic products, he saw weak products that he couldn’t recommend to his patients. And as a specialist in digestive health (Dr. Kahana is a gastroenterologist), he wanted the latest and strongest probiotics available to help his patients.
Why Dr. Kahana partnered with 1MD
To create his ideal digestive health probiotic, he decided to partner with 1MD. He knew they had the track record of creating high quality supplements, and they would likely be able to accomodate rare and unique manufacturing requests to maximize the effectiveness of the probiotic blend Dr. Kahana would create.
After partnering with 1MD, Dr. Kahana dedicated his life to finding the most effective way to craft a probiotic that would be guaranteed to deliver the probiotics to the large intestines, where they have the greatest benefit to digestion.
The principles behind IMD’s Complete probiotic with prebiotic supplement Platinum
He also researched poor probiotic supplement practices which went against his values as a doctor, and he came up with a list what he wanted for 1 MD’s Complete Probiotics Platinum:
- no fillers
- no weak probiotic strains
- preventing probiotics getting killed by stomach acid
- preventing probiotics getting killed by bile
- must be vegan/vegetarian friendly
- must be gluten free
- no GMO ingredients
- must have a prebiotic
The result of the partnership between M1D and Dr. Kahana is IMD Complete Probiotics Platinum.
About 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum
- 11 POWERFUL STRAINS: Complete Probiotics Platinum by 1MD features a doctor-formulated blend of the 11 bacterial strains, including Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium, shown to provide the greatest overall benefit to your digestive health for both men and women.*
- 51 BILLION CFUS PER CAPSULE: Live, colony-forming units of bacteria are crucial to the effectiveness of your probiotics supplement. 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum features a whopping amount of CFUs to ensure you get the most effective supplement possible.
- 1 DAILY CAPSULE: Our vegetarian capsules are powerful enough to work with just one a day, but they also are designed for delayed release, meaning the important probiotic bacteria they contain aren’t lost in stomach acid before they can reach the gut and start improving digestive health. On top of that, each capsule contains nourishing prebiotic fiber to ensure the bacteria remain alive and well.*
- IMPROVED DIGESTION: Probiotics have been shown in numerous clinical studies to improve digestion by helping balance the beneficial bacteria living within your gut. These bacteria help you digest food, meaning a correct balance can help with nutrient absorption and much more.*
- IMMUNE BOOST: Your digestive system is the basis of every health system in your body. When you improve your digestion, it can create a ripple effect throughout the body, which can include immune and cognitive boosts.*
1MD Probiotic with Prebiotic Supplements
1MD Supplements is a health company that was founded in 2015. Dr. Brian Greenberg MD, Dr. Michael S. Fenster MD, and Dr. David Kahana MD all run the business. According to the official website, this brand has one mission: to help people live longer and healthier lives.
Other products from 1MD Supplements include:
- Complete Probiotics
1MD aims to provide some of the best probiotic supplements and digestive health products on the market today.
So the benefits of 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum are not just limited to digestion only. All other body functions are directly connected to digestion, which is why taking 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum daily ensures overall good health.
Here is what makes this product better than other probiotic formulas available in the market.
- The company provides a guarantee that each capsule contains 51 Billion Powerful Colony-Forming Units (CFUs).
- It contains 11 highly functional probiotic bacterial strains.
- These capsules are designed as ‘delayed-release,’ allowing their movement to intestines where it is needed for absorption.
- It helps to overall all common digestive issues and saves from chronic digestive diseases.
- It makes sure that all toxins are filtered out from the body.
- It is a non-GMO product.
- Free from soy, gluten, and dairy
- It comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee.
Does 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum formula Really Work?
1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum appears to be the same thing that the human digestive system. The choice of probiotics inside it is remarkable. While most people lack them from food sources, taking these probiotics in a supplement is practical and easy.
These capsules take only a few minutes to reach the gut and start working. Within a few weeks of using this probiotic formula, the user will notice changes in his digestive responses and weight.
The results on every user may be different, but one thing is sure that this probiotic formula indeed works. Most people who have used it have experienced long, and short term benefited in terms of digestion.
Ingredients in Complete Probiotics Platinum by 1MD
Notable ingredients in 1MD Probiotics
Here are the 6 most unique features of 1MD probiotics:
- Probiotic strains focus on improved digestive health
- Has 51 billion CFU
- Has 11 clinically proven probiotic strains
- Has time release capsules
- Has a prebiotic
- Has no common allergens
1MD probiotic with prebiotic supplement offers complete transparency and tells you the exact CFU count of each probiotic strain. Few companies do that because it’s easier for competitors to steal 1MD’s formula for Complete Probiotics Platinum.
But because IMD values transparency over worries about copycats, they list their full ingredients and the exact CFU count as well.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus L61A (15 billion CFU)
- L acidophilus is my single favorite probiotic strain ever. It is so damn well researched and if I ever had to choose just 1 probiotic to take, I would take this probiotic for it’s digestive, immunity benefits, allergy reduction benefits. Not to mention the cholesterol and blood pressure benefits of this strain.
- Bifidobacterium longum B12L (4 billion CFU)
- B. longum is effective against IBS, preventing colds and fighting candida.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum B66B (4 billion CFU)
- B bifidum is noted for increasing immunity function, treating acute diarrhea, reducing ulcers, fighting Candida.
- Lactobacillus casei L30C (4 billion CFU)
- L casei is an extremely well researched probiotic that has many benefits ranging from decreasing allergy response to pollen, supporting liver health, fighting diarrhea and many more benefits.
- Lactobacillus plantarum L23P (4 billion CFU)
- L plantarum is known for reducing IBS symptoms, and reducing flatulence.
- Lactobacillus gasseri L22G (1 billion CFU)
- Lactobacillus gasseri is considered the weight loss probiotic strain. It’s been recently discovered to decrease the accumulation of belly fat and it lowers cholesterol.
- Lactobacillus salivarius L1OS (1 billion CFU)
- L salivarius is best known for helping decrease ulcerative colitis and IBS symptoms – as well as fighting Candida.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus L08R (1 billion CFU)
- L rhamnosus has strong immunity supporting benefits, and some digestive benefits as well.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus L88B (1 billion CFU)
- L bulgaricus helps with IBS and leaky gut.
- Lactospore (bacillus coagulans) (1 billion CFU)
- Bacillus coagulans reduces IBS abdominal pain and also reducing IBS related bloating symptoms.
The prebiotic blend 1MD probiotic uses is NutraFlora Prebiotic Fiber. They use 100 mg of the short-chain fructooligosaccharide (scFOS®). This prebiotic is well known to keep your prebiotics well fed.
There are 2 non-probiotic or prebiotic ingredients in this product.
The first is rice flour. This is often used as a natural anti-caking agent so the machines deliver consistent amounts of probiotics into each capsule. It probably also functions as a way to fill up the capsules, again for product consistency purposes. The only possible issue with this ingredient is an allergy to rice. Otherwise it’s pretty darn harmless.
The 2nd ingredient is the vegetable cellulose capsule. This is an extra thick vegetable cellulose capsule that takes longer to digest with stomach acid (HCL) and bile. Since the capsule is the correct thickness, it won’t release the capsule’s probiotics until later in the small intestine, or inside the colon/large intestine. That means that the probiotics arrive alive where they will do the most good – in your large intestines.
Time release capsules protect probiotic strains from stomach acid and bile
1MD’s Complete probiotic with prebiotic supplement uses time release acid and bile resistant capsules. This ensures that probiotics are more likely to arrive alive where they do the most good – which is the large intestines (aka. the colon).
What allergens does this product have?
I’ve spoken with the manufacturer, and there are basically no allergens present in 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum. The only potential exception would be an allergy to rice (this probiotic contains rice flower).
Celiac’s should have no problem with this product since it’s 100% gluten free.
This product is 100% soy free.
It’s says non-dairy on the packaging. But, I confirmed that this is 100% dairy free. So you don’t have to worry my dairy intolerant and dairy allergic friends 🙂
There are no traces of shellfish in this product. So rejoice those of you who have crustacean or mollusk allergies.
There are no eggs in this product, or even traces of eggs.
This product does not contain genetically modified ingredients. None of the probiotic strains are genetically modified either.
How many days will a bottle last?
Each bottle has 30 capsules. This means that if you take the recommended dose of 1 capsule per day, then your bottle will last for 30 days
Does this product need to be refrigerated?
This product is shelf stable and does not need refrigeration.
What is the shelf life of this product?
I’d estimate that the shelf life of this product will easily be over 1.5 years by the time your receive it…and probably closer to 1.8 years.
The product will last for 24 months of the time of manufacture. The company makes a new batch of probiotics every 30 to 35 days. So, it’s a good bet that you’ll receive your probiotic within 2 months. So that means that your probiotic should meat the claimed CFU probiotics for 22 months (assuming the product is stored correctly).
What is the correct way to take 1md complete probiotics platinum product?
There are 2 ways I would recommend to take the product:
- Before breakfast, on an empty stomach.
- Just after breakfast.
Most people do best by taking it before breakfast. But some people will feel better by taking the product just after breakfast. I recommend experimenting both ways and seeing which gives you the best results.
Where is the best place to buy Complete Probiotics Platinum?
The safest place to buy 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum is direct from the company’s official website. Buying direct from the manufacturer guarantees that you get 100% genuine, unopened product, 100% of the time.
Also keep in mind that you get deep discounts by buying multiple boxes at once.
What is the return policy?
The company offers a 90 days – no questions asked – return policy. To me that means that this company really believes in this product when they back it with a very strong guarantee like this one. Most companies only offer a 30 day money back guarantee – so a 90 day guarantee shows how much confidence they have in IMD’s Complete Probiotics Platinum.
Are there any scams with 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum?
I searched around, and I couldn’t find any 1MD Probiotic scams. But, the internet is a dangerous place, and something could pop up in the future. The best way to be 100% sure you’re avoiding a scam, is to buy direct from the manufacturer Official Website.
But this company has good control over their supply chain, so the likelihood of scams with this company are very low.
Review summary of 1MD Complete probiotic with prebiotic supplement Platinum
Dr. David Kahana created this product with clinically studied probiotic strains that are finely tuned for digestive health. It also has a prebiotic to ensure proliferation of the probiotics in your intestinal tract. I highly recommend this product digestive health. And even if it doesn’t work out for a small number of people, there’s a 90 day return policy with no questions asked.
And that’s why I rated 1MD probiotics 5 out of 5 stars.